Our client is an international growth capital investment firm, with a track record of delivering high returns from investments in innovative, high-growth healthcare businesses. The partners in the business are passionate about building world-leading businesses that improve patients’ lives and are seeking a candidate who will fit well in this collegiate and stretching working environment. The firm has been growing AUM rapidly (>$1bn total) and recently raised a new $500m fund to continue deploying their successful strategy. As a result of this growth, the firm is seeking a finance professional to join the team. The role will be based in the firm’s central London office.
Reporting to both the COO and the Financial Controller, the main responsibilities of the role will include:
- Preparation of quarterly investor reports
- Interfacing with third party administrators and reviewing their reporting
- Co-ordinating fund cash flow processes (capital calls, distributions, debt utilisations, investments)
- Assisting with preparation of fund annual financial statements
- Assisting with the annual audit
- Assisting with ad hoc financial requests from within the team and from external investors
- Preparation of UK and US partnership tax information for use by the firm’s external tax advisers (prior knowledge of UK and US partnership tax rules is not essential)
- Assisting with preparation of diligence materials for potential investors
- Supporting FCA compliance activities
Other duties will include:
- Maintenance of GLs for certain funds and special purpose investment vehicles
- Review and approval of online banking payments
- Review of team expense claims
The opportunity requires an individual who is a qualified accountant and who enjoys working in a varied, stimulating and demanding professional environment. They should be a highly motivated self-starter, with strong organisational and time-management skills, pride in their work product and a desire to learn. Working in a small finance team, the successful candidate will play a meaningful part in the continuing expansion of the firm, while working for a business that is investing in exciting, innovative companies within the healthcare sector.