Senior Lawyer – Bristol
A leading international law firm which provides clients with commercially aware legal advice, whenever and wherever they need it is seeking a senior associate to join their insurance and construction team. They have over 1,600 people situated in key business and financial centres across Europe, the Middle East, and Asia.
The Insurance and Construction team advises insurers and professional firms on a range of professional risk and construction issues globally. With expertise across an international network, we achieve efficient results that achieve our client’s business objectives.
Their reputation is built on defending professionals in claims, receiving instructions from both insurers and the insured firms themselves, who are recognised leaders in their profession. They also act in relation to pure construction disputes, in particular international arbitrations.
They are seeking to recruit a Senior Associate to join the Bristol Insurance & Construction team to focus predominantly on defending claims against construction professionals (including architects, engineers, project managers and quantity surveyors) and coverage disputes. There will be opportunities to work on other broader non-construction insurance related claims.
Your caseload will routinely involve mediations and litigation (generally in the Technology and Construction Court) and you will gain arbitration and adjudication experience.
Day to day, you will have the opportunity to work closely with a partner who is a specialist in this area. You will also work with other partners and associates in London, and across other offices, as part of a collegiate and supportive international group.
- Applicants should ideally have between 3-6+ years’ post qualified experience in professional indemnity work in relation to the construction industry.
- We would expect applicants to have worked for a leading law firm for insurance and/or construction work.
- Excellent academics and commercially driven.
- Strong client focus with an ability and willingness to get actively involved in marketing and business development in Bristol and London.
- Able to work effectively as part of a diverse and inclusive team.
- Flexibility and a willingness to work additional hours on occasion as required.
- An enthusiastic and team-oriented approach is essential.
Please message Leo Ketchin on firstname.lastname@example.org or call him on 07789556586 for more details.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!