We’re looking for an experienced Interim Company Secretary to join an exciting global construction and property company
You will be expected to:
- Lead delivery of Company Secretariat activities, prepare documentation and perform administration and logistical activities and contribute to Company Secretariat policies, processes and operations.
- Act as company secretary for various real estate and fund legal entities, such as general partners and stand-alone development and investments subsidiaries. Provide a full company secretarial service to a portfolio of companies, boards, joint venture entities, board committees, management committees and investment advisory committees
- Provide support, advice and training internally and externally in relation to the UK companies
- Support the chairs through the provision of business and commercial insight, ensuring that boards are considering the most appropriate topics
- Contributing as a subject matter expert to business projects and taking responsibility for deliverables as required
- Identification, assessment and implementation of regulatory and legislative changes
- Delivery of ad hoc Corporate Governance projects under the direction of the Head of Legal
- Provide support for ad hoc technical queries and mentoring / training junior staff
Key Tasks and Activities
- Board Meeting Requirements and Drafting
- Arrange board meetings and manage board calendar; produce and issue board packs to a high standard, and draft ad hoc transaction related board resolutions.
- Attend meetings, take minutes and produce draft minutes after meeting, maintain matters arising, distribute minutes and ensure signed copies are filed in company books and minutes.
- Implement board reporting tools.
- Maintain records of all subsidiaries and associated property assets, in the UK.
- Initiate regular reviews of dormant companies and work with internal and external parties to facilitate solvent liquidations.
- Drafting board minutes and resolutions in advance when requested to include POAs, bank mandates, loan agreements, share allotments and corporate restructures
- Act as ‘shadow’ company secretary for various offshore entities where UK company secretarial support is required for local drafting and execution.
- Report quarterly to Board on all compliance matters.
Filings and documentation
- Manage Statutory Filings and ensure prompt filing
- File relevant documents with Companies House through our GEMs system
- Review GEMs records to check accuracy of information on system
This is a critical and challenging role offers a great opportunity to be introduced into a dynamic and expanding global business.
To apply please email your CV to email@example.com