Audit Senior Manager, Aberdeen
Our client services clients of all sizes, in a diverse range of sectors, delivering high quality External Audits and Audit related services and is growing rapidly. This senior manager role will ensure you have exposure to an unparalleled breadth of client exposure, the very best technology and fantastic opportunities for career development.
The city of Aberdeen sustains over 1000 energy businesses and boasts the busiest heliport in Europe. Aberdeen also boasts a rich and vibrant food and drink industry, innovative tourism organisations, and burgeoning private business and life science sectors that are investing and growing.
As a Senior Manager, you’ll lead a team of forward-thinking individuals to deliver high quality audits. You’ll be responsible, alongside the audit engagement leader, to develop and nurture relationships with our client’s senior leaders and work with them to plan the audit process from beginning to end. A rewarding career path awaits – join our team to develop yourself as a strategic leader, benefit from the wide range of development opportunities alongside contributing to the success of the audit business.
- Leading large multi-location, often international, teams using your people and relationship management skills to deliver high quality audit work from project planning to completion;
- Developing trusted senior client relationships and demonstrating curiosity that allows you to have insightful conversations and provide appropriate challenge during the Audit;
- Building connections across teams and specialist areas to bring insight to the organisations we audit. This includes managing specialist teams supporting the audit, building consensus around conflicting views and making recommendations where appropriate;
- Leading the delivery of the areas of complex or judgemental audit work, including identifying issues, analysing multiple data points to draw informed conclusions and clearly articulate these conclusions in written and verbal form to senior stakeholders;
- Ensuring the team’s audit documentation meets the highest standards, reviewing financial statements to ensure they comply with relevant requirements;
- Managing the financial and resource aspects of Audit engagements, demonstrating a commercial approach throughout;
- Mentoring and coaching junior staff members in your business unit;
- Putting the team first by coaching with purpose, being present with the team and openly communicating expectations; and
- Encouraging an inclusive team environment that promotes innovative thinking, collaboration and constructive challenge – helping people realise their potential and support their long-term aspirations.
- Be a Chartered Accountant / ACA / ACCA / ICAS qualified accountant (or international equivalent) or have equivalent work experience in Audit (including international candidates who technically qualify in their home country by experience);
- A high level of experience of IFRS and/or UK GAAP and be highly skilled in using international standards on auditing;
- Highly developed project management skills and a strong track record of managing larger or more complex audits to the highest standard from planning to completion;
- Has the ability to communicate complex or contentious audit matters clearly and concisely in both verbal and written form to colleagues and senior client stakeholders;
- Has the ability to offer considered points of view in client conversations around broader industry topics and provide knowledgeable challenge to senior clients in the context of an audit; and
- Takes pride in their work and in the Audit profession. Shows resilience and demonstrates dedication to self development including being agile and innovative in the digital world.
To apply please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!