A dynamic and fast-growing Midlands based biotech company requires a Financial Controller.
This is a venture capital backed start-up. This is an extremely exciting time to be joining the business, as it prepares to transition from an R&D phase, into an international commercial roll out of the technology. There is strong early evidence to support the application of the technology to several additional clinical areas, which together could provide a multi-billion global market opportunity. To support the ongoing growth of the business, there is a need for a talented and motivated Financial Controller.
This individual will be responsible for Financial Control working closely with and deputizing for the CFO in his absence. As the business positions itself for the next phase of its growth, there are several projects that the Financial Control will work on over the next 12-18 months, including
- the implementation of an ERP system
- preparing for a future fund-raising, which may include an initial public offering on AIM
- international tax planning
- Manage day to day aspects of the finance function, including AP/AR and payroll functions.
- Financial planning including budgets and forecasts.
- Timely reporting including consolidation of accounts for both Management Accounts and stat accounts.
- Working closely with the CFO and the senior management team.
- Supporting the senior management team on commercial activities.
- Pricing and modelling linked to commercial contracts.
- Supporting client contract structuring and negotiations from a financial perspective.
- Supporting manufacturing planning and reporting within the context of managing working capital.
- Ad hoc responsibilities covering admin/IT/HR.
- Setting up of processes and management of those processes
- A qualified accountant with broad commercial finance experience.
- Self-organised and with the ability to ‘get stuff done’.
- Attention to detail
This role requires a talented and exceptionally technical individual who has the drive, enthusiasm and motivation to support the ongoing development of this dynamic and growing business. As Finance Controller, you must have the ability to develop financial reporting to highlight the challenges and future needs of the business. This role requires an individual who can add considerable value to CFO and the senior management team.