An exciting opportunity to join a fast growing team in one of the leading professional service practices in the World.
In the Finance Transformation (FT) team of this Big 4 Management Consulting division, our client improves the effectiveness and efficiency of finance functions and generates real insights to help deliver value to their clients. Their mission is to be the leading FT practice in the UK market, to be number one in their focus markets, and to be recognised as innovators in finance technology.
The team is structured by market segment (Financial Services, Corporates and National Markets) with consultants having deep industry specific expertise. The go to market approach is business-focused and solutions are developed around client issues. The team is therefore also structured by capability, providing specialist services and solutions such as Integrated Finance Transformation, Enterprise Performance Management, Global Business Services and Digital Labour & Automation.
Working within the FT team will provide an unparalleled opportunity to gain experience in target operating model design and implementation, finance transformation, enterprise performance management, process improvement and change management, all of which are invaluable in today’s market place.
Candidates are being sought with the skills to support growth strategy and the ability to work with leading Private Sector organisations in both the Business to Business and Business to Consumer sectors. As part of this team, you will be working with a broad range of clients from the initial diagnosis, strategy formulation and analysis, through to implementation.
• Engagement delivery: leading and managing projects or work-streams of small to medium size and complexity (including planning and organising work packages, overseeing data gathering and analysis, summarising insights and presenting results, owning client relationships and preparing and chairing client meetings and workshops)
• Risk management: identifying and managing risks and ensuring the Firm’s frameworks are implemented appropriately and effectively
• People development: performance management including identifying team member development needs and accelerating development with particular emphasis on coaching and skills transfer
• Practice development: taking a leading role in processes and initiatives that are key to scaling the business and achieving our Mission Statement
• Business development: developing a strong understanding of client needs and building positive, long-standing relationships with clients through engagement delivery; identifying business development opportunities, and supporting the business development activity of senior members of the team (including shaping and presenting proposals/ bids for future work and managing proposal development activities)
Successful candidates should have strong finance knowledge and demonstrate the following skills / experience:
• Proven track record of working on finance improvement consulting projects, working across multiple aspects of a finance function (transaction processing, management reporting, financial accounting, planning, budgeting and forecasting), with a focus on high quality client service
• Excellent understanding of issues and challenges facing Finance functions, Finance business partnering and trends in Finance
• Experience managing teams to deliver to deadlines and required quality standards; experience developing, coaching and mentoring team members
• Excellent communicator with the personal skills to build strong and lasting internal and client relationships; and the ability to deliver clear, concise, focused messages to senior finance team members or clients
• Strong commercial and financial analytical skills with the ability to interpret data, generate insights and construct solutions.
• Impactful written communications, producing high quality, client ready outputs (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Vision etc)
• Flexibility to travel
• Relevant finance qualification – ACA, CIMA, ACCA, CIPFA or equivalent
Relevant experience in one or more of the following solution areas is required:
• Finance Transformation – leading practice insights across finance and accounting processes, operating model design, data and technology, including robotics and artificial intelligence
• Enterprise Performance Management – planning, budgeting and forecasting, management information and reporting, profitability and cost management, and performance data and analytics.
• Global Business Services – business and information technology outsourcing, shared service and global business services design, build, transition and implementation