Keen to work on some of the largest, most successful and fast growing companies across the globe? This could be the opportunity for you!
The clients are complex, influential and exciting. You will be principally focused on enhancing external financial reporting processes and controls for this impressive portfolio of clients.
This role enables clients to create world-class operations and have confidence in their financial reporting by assessing and providing insights on the organisation processes and controls; resulting in enhanced capabilities, efficiency, cost reduction, reduced risk and improved performance.
We are seeking experienced professionals with an audit and industry background to join our fast growing team, share in our vision, support our growth plans and make an impact that matters on our clients, our people, our business and society.
Our Finance & Controls Assurance team is a dedicated group of professionals with deep technical accounting, financial reporting and audit skills. We are a multi-disciplinary team of specialists advising on a range of topics to our Assurance clients. Our clients span different sectors: from Banking, Financial Services, Retail to Energy & Resources, to name a few. We are looking for both sector specific experience and generalists.
Focussing on external financial reporting processes and controls, you would help our clients create world class operations and finance functions, advising on finance and operations modernisation, effectiveness of control design and operation, organisation structure and process redesign and improvements.
Our services are often triggered by disruptive events such as transactions, including IPOs or trade sales, changes in accounting or regulatory environments or control failures.
The services that you will provide to clients include:
- Assessing and evaluating the finance function including close and consolidate procedures and management information
- Providing insights and advice to enhance the finance-operating model
- Assisting in set up, documentation and evaluation of control frameworks
- Providing assurance over design and implementation of controls, controls remediation and peer benchmarking
- Supporting SOX controls testing programs and performing tests of effectiveness
- Supporting our clients in addressing short-term capability and capacity constraints by providing qualified resources to sustain day-to-day activities or project-driven requirements
As a Manager within the Finance & Controls team you will have responsibility for:
- Delivery of large and complex global projects. You be responsible for leading interesting and challenging work on a day-to-day basis
- Providing high quality advice and insights to clients on their finance organisation, processes and controls
- Supporting clients in defining a clear vision, strategy and roadmap for their finance function
- Assist clients in the setup, documentation and evaluation of their control frameworks
- Identifying and developing assurance opportunities with new and existing clients of the firm based on their bespoke needs
- Leading and managing diverse teams and developing junior team members to reach their potential
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Audit background plus industry or client-side experience
- Experience in driving change in finance organisation, processes and controls
- Experience in the setup, documentation and evaluation of control frameworks
- Knowledge of IFRS and UK GAAP
- Strong analytical, presentation and report writing skills
- Effective time management and commitment to work to tight deadlines
- Excellent organisation, planning and project management abilities
- Experience delivering high quality engagements through effective delegation and strong technical ability
- Track record of leading teams and developing junior team members to reach their potential
- Ability to develop strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders