The successful candidate will join our client’s growing Governance, Risk & Controls (GRC) team in the South East. The team has grown exponentially over the past 4 years due to the large market opportunity across the region. Our client’s team has vastly experienced Partners, Directors, Senior Managers and Managers offering Governance, ERM, Compliance and Process & Controls improvement advice to our clients. They have a huge wide variety of clients across industries from large listed companies and global businesses to private and private equity backed high growth companies. Our client is looking for a candidate that has significant financial process and controls improvement experience to fit into an ever expanding part of our team.
- Ability to engage effectively with key stakeholders.
- Experience of identifying and recommending process and controls optimisation opportunities.
- An understanding of SOX compliance.
- Experience assessing the effectiveness and efficiency of business processes and controls
- Experience in supporting the capture of both current and future state business processes, risks and controls, including process mapping and risks and controls matrices (RACMs)
- Chartered Accountancy (fully qualified or exam qualified)
- Experience of financial processes and controls
- Possession of strong team working skills
- Well-developed listening and questioning techniques
- Experience of risk-based control identification and assessment methodologies
- The confidence to challenge the status quo and desire for continuous improvement
- Ability to communicate clearly and confidently with colleagues and clients at all levels, and good report writing skills
- A methodical approach to problem solving and delivery of client solutions
- Good project management and organisational abilities
- Presentation and oral communication skills
- Facilitation skills (i.e. risk workshops)
You will receive appropriate coaching and training on engagements you will undertake, together with a sufficient level of support on engagement delivery, although it is anticipated you are able to work reasonably autonomously without the need for day to day direct management.
Our client is looking for a candidate who has a willingness to work across the region and nationally.