£65,000 + car
Our client’s Transaction Services practice comprises approximately 350 people across the UK, organised to align to our client’s market orientated structure, and is at the heart of the Firm’s agenda to increase its penetration of boardrooms and work with clients across the economic and transaction cycle. Within this structure, the Private Equity Transaction Services Team (PE TS) team comprises c.60 professionals focused on both mid-market and LBO houses, working predominantly on financial due diligence projects across buy side, sell side, IPOs and refinancing projects.
Our client’s team works closely with colleagues across Deal Advisory as well as Tax, Audit and other Advisory teams; it is a multi-disciplinary and international environment that sits right at the heart of our client’s One Firm agenda.
Due to the increase in the number of transactions in the private equity market our client are expanding the size of their team and have a need to recruit a Manager in order support the growth of our PE TS business. Specific experience of leading financial due diligence project for private equity clients is preferred.
Key responsibilities in this role include:
• Project management: individuals will be responsible for the delivery of client facing projects, being the main day to day point of contact for senior client contacts.
• Team work: individuals will be key team members on large complex assignments and will lead work streams on smaller and medium size engagements.
• Building relationships: individuals will be required to build and sustain relationships with client management team members for the benefit of the Firm as well as acting as an ambassador and role model for the Firm.
• Business development: individuals will be required to build, commercialise and sustain relationships with top management team members for the benefit of the Firm. Individuals will be required to develop PE-TS propositions, focusing on specific themes and/or clients. The successful candidate will be expected to comfortable in talking asset opportunities to private equity clients and regularly input into horizon scanning activities.
• Developing people: individuals will need to demonstrate the ability to give clear directions, as well as positive and constructive feedback. They will coach less experienced staff and actively assist in the development of others.
• Delivering quality service and time management: Individuals will be required to monitor and deliver high quality service to clients (both internal and external). They will need to be able to manage their own time, plan and organise work tasks, monitor progress and meet deadlines. Individuals will be proficient at managing multiple priorities.
• Advisory skills: Individuals will provide advice as a trusted adviser, using their skill, experience and understanding of transactions to the advantage of their client.
• Risk management: individuals will be required to identify and manage risks and ensure the Firm’s frameworks are implemented.
To succeed in this demanding role you will need to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
• Strong academic background with proven numerate ability (qualifications such as ACA or CFA are highly desirable)
• Experience of managing buy-side and sell-side financial due diligence projects
• Experience of working with Private Equity clients is essential
• Strong analytical skills including the ability of interpret data, generate insights and construct solutions
• Excellent written and oral communication
• Strong personal impact
• Ability to perform consistently at a high level under pressure