£65,000 + car
Our client’s Transaction Services practice comprises approximately 350 people across the UK, organised to align to our client’s market orientated structure, and is at the heart of the firm’s agenda to increase its penetration of boardrooms and work with clients across the economic and transaction cycle.
Within this structure the TS Regions practice consists of a team of 100+ advising corporate’s, private equity houses and PLCs. Our client is driven by a passion to help their clients to execute transactions efficiently and maximise value.
Our client’s team works closely with colleagues across Deal Advisory as well as Tax, Audit and other Advisory teams; it is a multi-disciplinary and international environment that sits right at the heart of our client’s One Firm agenda.
Our client has an immediate need for a Manager (C grade) within our London office, to support the growth of our regions TS business. The nature of our client’s regions business means that staff work on a wide range of deal types and sectors including the Retail, PE and Tech sectors. Individuals are also expected to be flexible and to work across the regional practice from time to time according to the needs of the business.
Specific experience of financial due diligence is required, but our client will consider applications from exceptional individuals with similar skills (e.g. from undertaking IBRs in Restructuring).
- Project management: individuals will be responsible for the delivery of client facing projects, being the main day to day point of contact for senior client contacts.
- Team work: individuals will be key team members on large complex assignments and will lead work streams on smaller and medium size engagements.
- Building relationships – individuals will be required to build and sustain relationships with client management team members for the benefit of the Firm as well as acting as an ambassador and role model for the Firm.
- Developing people: individuals will need to demonstrate the ability to give clear directions, as well as positive and constructive feedback. They will coach less experienced staff and actively assist in the development of others.
- Delivering quality service and time management: Individuals will be required to monitor and deliver high quality service to clients (both internal and external). They will need to be able to manage their own time, plan and organise work tasks, monitor progress and meet deadlines. Individuals will be proficient at managing multiple priorities. Individuals will need to have excellent analytical and report writing skills.
- Advisory skills: Individuals will provide advice as a trusted adviser, using their skill, experience and understanding of transactions to the advantage of their client.
- Risk management: individuals will be required to identify and manage risks and ensure the Firm’s frameworks are implemented. They will need to be able to construct scopes of work and engagement letters, and be responsible for all aspects of project management through SAP.
The role will be based in the South (with frequent travel between Bristol and Reading) but may involve some travel to support the wider Regions team together with a high level of flexibility to meet the demands of working in a transaction based environment.
To succeed in this demanding role you will need to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Strong academic and numerate background (ACA or equivalent highly desirable) Experience of financial due diligence is required, but we will consider candidates with similar skills.
- Strong analytical skills including the ability of interpret data, generate insights and construct solutions
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Strong personal impact
- Ability to perform consistently at a high level under pressure
- Evidence of managing teams in a fast moving environment with changing client requirements
- Ability to manage more than one project at a time and to report direct to partners/directors on small/mid-sized projects