£65,000 + car
Our client is the leading mid-market M&A advisor in UK, Europe and Globally. Everything they do is aimed at adding value for their clients whether they are buying, selling or re-financing their business, through objective, unbiased advice supported by:
- Genuine integrity and independence
- Deep sector knowledge
- Global execution capability
- Connectivity with the financial markets
Opportunities exist to join our client’s London M&A team supporting and leading deal origination and execution, with a particular focus on public company M&A. The role will allow the successful candidate to be involved in opportunities where our client acts for the board of public companies, and potential acquirers of public companies, on offers for public companies regulated under the UK Takeover Code.
The role will allow the successful candidate to work on a broad range of domestic and international transactions for public and private entities. The scope of the role will include both execution of transactions as well as origination of new opportunities.
- Manage M&A projects (with support from Director/ Partner) including being the day to day point of contact for clients.
- Actively managing client interfaces taking responsibility for managing all phases of the transaction cycle and deal execution.
- Leading and managing the delivery of transaction documentation including pitch materials and client documents.
- Leading and managing the process of input to and review of key public offer documentation (including offer announcements and offer documents).
- Leading and managing the process associated with providing formal advice to the board of a public company in relation to the terms of an offer.
- Directing and managing colleagues, wider support staff and other external advisers.
- Supervising and reviewing materials prepared by other team members.
- Set, monitor and control M&A project budgets, billing and other reporting requirements.
- Build and develop strong relationships in the market.
- Take responsibility for agreed areas of origination and business development.
- Strong academic background.
- Experience within M&A advisory with proven execution ability.
- Experience of Takeover Code transactions and / or working in the plc regulated environment.
- Strong numerical, analytical and strategic thinking skills.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Independent thinker with the ability to identify problems and contribute to the development of solutions.
- Comfortable discussing financially related commercial issues.
- Ability to work on a range of projects simultaneously to demanding timetables.
- Highly motivated, ambitious self-starter willing to take advantages of the opportunities this position offers, but also a team player.
- Experience of working in and managing small teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Commitment to high quality standards & detail oriented.
- Personal drive to deliver results.
- Experience & Background
- Have a sound knowledge of M&A through investment banking, advisory firms, private equity, M&A Boutique or corporate business development.