A great opportunity has arisen for a Group Tax Accountant based at our client’s offices in Luton.
This role is to join the head office finance team of an AIM listed group, reporting to the Group Head of Tax. The required individual should hold an accounting qualification ideally gained through training with one of the Top Ten accountancy firms and/or an in-house multinational function.
The role requires solid UK corporate tax knowledge, extensive experience of preparing corporation tax computations and UK GAAP/IFRS accounting experience. A willingness to get involved in other taxes such as employment taxes and VAT is also key and an appreciation of international tax principles is welcome.
This is an ideal role for someone looking for their first in-house move, or for someone already in-house looking to move to a role within the area.
Responsibilities will include –
- Preparation of UK corporation tax computations (for approximately 40 companies).
- Preparation of year-end group tax numbers under IFRS for the consolidated accounts, including liaising with external auditors and overseas tax advisors.
- Preparation of tax numbers for UK GAAP accounts of the UK subsidiaries.
- Managing the group’s quarterly tax instalments payments.
- Assisting with the group’s SAO compliance work, including documentation and testing of processes and controls.
- Providing tax support to the UK businesses, the Group Legal Team and the Company Secretary, including corporate tax, VAT and employment taxes.
- Supporting with preparation with UK and Irish VAT returns and UK PAYE Settlement Agreement (PSA) if required.
- Monitoring the group’s position within the corporate interest restriction rules.
- Assisting with Country by Country Reporting requirements.
- Assisting the Group Head of Tax with planning projects, such as BEPS, acquisitions, HMRC enquiries and international tax issues.
This is a full time role, but our client is open to flexible working and working from home