Our client is one of the world’s leading professional services organisations. From 158 countries, they help clients, some of the most successful organisations on the globe, as well as its most dynamic entrepreneurs and thriving private businesses, to create the value they want. They help to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
Compliance Services currently employs approximately 350 people across the UK in a number of different areas, Corporate Tax, Global Mobility, Private Client and Accounting Services. CS provides a range of compliance services including preparing accounts and tax returns, to enable clients to meet their statutory obligations.
You will join a team of experts who specialise in Corporate Tax Compliance. The team provides clients with advice on various compliance issues including paying and minimising their tax liabilities. Clients range from multinationals to smaller mid tier clients across a wide range of industry sectors, providing you with opportunities to broaden your technical knowledge
About the role
Your role will work alongside other compliance and relationship managers, you will manage a range of activities that together will result in high quality service for the clients in your portfolio including:
- Up-front scoping and engagement planning with clients
- Liaise with the Data Management team on the approach to data collection for your clients.
- Review and submission of tax accounting schedules
- Review and ultimate submission of corporation tax returns
- Opportunity spotting for related practice services and helping clients to manage their tax risk.
- You will be expected to have a high level of client contact in this role and will, of course, be expected to organise, monitor and manage your own workload.
- Budget management/monitoring and assist in the development of other staff as required.
- Assist in the development of other staff, which includes delegation and coaching.
- In the role you will become involved in the running of the business in order to contribute to the growth and profitability of the business team. This will include continual development and involvement in the risk procedures for the business.
The successful candidate will possess initiative and enthusiasm and will show the ability to work in and contribute to the team and will possess the personal skills needed to form successful relationships. The successful candidate will have the majority of the following skills and experience:
- Be ACA or CTA qualified (ideally through first time passes).
- Strong UK corporate tax skills.
- UK GAAP and IFRS tax accounting experience
- Has a highly developed client service ethos and can adopt a flexible approach to meeting client needs.
- Be able to establish, build and maintain a good working relationship with key decision makers, including partners and senior client personnel.
- Have the ability to help manage and build new business through referrals, networking and spotting client opportunities.
- Be an effective delegator, strong at coaching junior staff.
This is a challenging and exciting opportunity to join a growing business that offers exposure to an unrivalled range of clients and specialist tax areas. We offer a competitive salary and a wide range of flexible benefits.
For more information please contact Becca at firstname.lastname@example.org