£80,000 + car
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Manager to join our client’s Corporate Finance team, based in their Cambridge office.
Our client is the leading mid-market M&A adviser in the UK, Europe and Globally. Everything our client does is aimed at adding value for their clients whether they are buying, selling or re-financing their business. They pride ourselves on providing clients with objective, unbiased advice supported by:
genuine integrity and independence; deep sector knowledge; global execution capability; and
connectivity with the financial markets.
The position within the Cambridge M&A team will be primarily focused on supporting and leading deal origination and execution across a host of sectors and businesses in Cambridge and the wider East Anglia region, covering the Built Environment, Consumer Goods & Retail, Diversified Industrials, Healthcare & Life Sciences, Support Services, and TMT sectors, among others.
Cambridge, and the wider East Anglia region, is a key strategic growth area for our client. This is a fantastic opportunity for the candidate to join a growing and ambitious team working on a broad range of domestic and international transactions for corporate, private equity and owner-managed clients.
The position will be primarily focused on providing M&A and corporate finance advice to businesses across the region, hence a strong local network would be advantageous, alongside an enthusiasm to contribute to the development and delivery of a regional business plan.
Actively manage M&A projects (with support from Director/Partner) including being the day-to-day point of contact for clients.
- Actively managing client interfaces, taking responsibility for managing all phases of the transaction cycle and deal execution.
- Leading and managing the delivery of transaction documentation, including pitch materials and client proposals.
- Directing and managing colleagues, wider support staff and other external advisers.
- Supervising and reviewing financial analysis carried out by team members.
- Set, monitor and control M&A project budgets, billing and other reporting requirements.
- Build and develop strong relationships in the market.
- Take responsibility for agreed areas of origination and business development.
- Strong academic background.
- Strong numerical, analytical and strategic thinking skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Independent thinker with the ability to identify problems and contribute to the development of solutions.
- Comfortable discussing financially related commercial issues.
- Ability to work on a range of projects simultaneously to demanding timetables.
- Highly motivated, ambitious self-starter willing to take advantages of the opportunities this position offers, but also a team player.
- Experience of working in and managing small teams.
- Commitment to high quality standards and detail oriented.
- Personal drive to deliver results.
- Must have relevant corporate finance experience in an investment bank, Big 4, private equity team, M&A Boutique or corporate business development role.
- Significant transactional experience with a demonstrable track record of deal execution across all phases of the transaction cycle from origination to completion including:
- Preparing high quality pitch materials and proposals including sector mapping, market analysis and target client positioning;
- Drafting transaction documentation, including: valuation analysis, potential buyer research, information memoranda and management presentations;
- Financial modelling including LBO and DCF analysis;
- Managing the due diligence process including co-ordinating all stakeholders and other advisers including, for example, legal and tax
- Sector specific experience not a requirement but may be beneficial.