Up to £85,000 + car
Our client’s Transaction Services practice comprises approximately 350 people across the UK, organised to align to our client’s market orientated structure, and is at the heart of the Firm’s agenda to increase its penetration of boardrooms and work with clients across the economic and transaction cycle. Within this structure, the Private Equity Transaction Services Team (PE TS) team comprises c.60 professionals focused on both mid-market and LBO houses, working predominantly on financial due diligence projects across buy side, sell side, IPOs and refinancing projects.
Our client’s team works closely with colleagues across Deal Advisory as well as Tax, Audit and other Advisory teams; it is a multi-disciplinary and international environment that sits right at the heart of our client’s One Firm agenda.
Due to the increase in the number of transactions in the private equity market we are expanding the size of our team and have a need to recruit an Associate Director in order support the growth of our client’s PE TS business. Specific experience of leading financial due diligence project for private equity clients is preferred.
Director appointments are made on the basis of demonstrated track record. As engagement leaders, Associate Directors are expected to play a key role in the development of all aspects of the practice:
- Engagement leadership: individuals will be required to structure and lead multiple large, complex workstreams in ambiguous and rapidly changing environments.
- Business development: individuals will be required to build, commercialise and sustain relationships with top management team members for the benefit of the Firm. Individuals will be required to develop PE-TS propositions, focusing on specific themes and/or clients. The successful candidate will be expected to comfortable in talking asset opportunities to private equity clients and regularly input into horizon scanning activities.
- Risk management: individuals will be required to identify and manage risks, ensuring the Firm’s risk management frameworks are implemented appropriately and effectively.
- Developing People: individuals will need to identify team member development needs and accelerate development by establishing the appropriate plans and frameworks with particular emphasis on coaching and skills transfer. They will act as a role model with colleagues and clients by living the values of the Firm.
- Delivering quality services: Individuals will be required to monitor and deliver high quality service to clients (both internal and external). Individuals will be proficient at managing multiple priorities.
- Advisory Skills: individuals will use their extensive skills and experience to provide advice as a trusted adviser,
To succeed in this varied and demanding role you will need to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Strong academic background with financial qualifications such as ACA or CFA
- Extensive experience of financial due diligence preferably with a significant proportion of this experience within the Private Equity sector
- A strong network/existing relationships within the Private Equity Sector
- Experience of performing financial due diligence for private equity clients is preferred
- Strong personal impact and self-awareness
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to interpret data, generate insights and construct solutions
- Evidence of working successfully with top management teams at clients
- The ability to lead and operate in high performing, multi-disciplinary teams